Salamanca University was founded in 1218, and gained great prestige outside Spain as a centre for teaching and culture.
The university building has a square floorplan with a central courtyard and surrounding galleries. Its most interesting feature is its Plateresque façade. The Escuelas Menores buildings stand beside the University and have façades in a similar artistic style, and in one of their classrooms you can still see the ceiling painted by Fernando Gállego.
- Bouw: University
- Artistieke periode: Plateresque
- Historische periode: 15th century
- Omgeving: The historic centre of the city of Salamanca.
- Van Maandag tot Zaterdag Van 10:00 tot 19:30
- Feestdagen en Zondag Van 10:00 tot 13:30
- Algemeen: 10€
- Met korting: 5€
- Kinderen: Entree gratis
The ticket includes admission to the Escuelas Mayores building and Archbishop Fonseca college.
Audio guide, Cafe