Consorcio de Turismo de Córdoba
Church of San Lorenzo
Old mosque of Al-Mugira.
Built on top of the foundations of a mosque. A minaret transformed into belfry and from which can be seen the town of Al-Zahira built by Almanzor.
It has undergone numerous alterations. The main facade has a beautiful rosette. It is from the transitional period to Romanesque , and boasts three naves and the unusual fact that it has a porch in front of the main entrance. The high altarpiece is from the 17th century. Behind the high altar there are some 15th century frescoes.. The coffered ceiling is Mudejar.
- Bouw: Church
- Artistieke periode: Gothic
- Historische periode: 13th century
- Omgeving: Church of Magdalena.
- Vanaf 01 jun tot 30 sep
- Van Maandag tot Zaterdag Van 11:00 tot 13:00 Van 19:00 tot 20:00
- Vanaf 01 okt tot 31 mei
- Van 11:00 tot 13:00 Van 18:30 tot 19:30
- Entree gratis