Plaza Mayor
10003  Cáceres  (Extremadura)
Tel.:+34 927246789




Relatively square Moorish tower. After the reconquest of Cáceres in 1170 by Ferdinand II of León, a relation of his set up the Cáceres Congregation in the city, which was later to become the Order of the Knights of Santiago. The name of the tower comes from that of Caliph Abú-Ya’qub, whose troops took the city in 1173. Until they finally yielded to the siege, the tower had served the knights of the Order as a defensive bastion. It became known as the Clock Tower in the 16th and 17th centuries. It is currently open to the public.

  • Bouw: Tower
  • Artistieke periode: Arab
  • Historische periode: 12th century

Praktische informatie


  • Vanaf 01 jun tot 30 sep
  • Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 17:30 tot 20:30
  • Vanaf 01 okt tot 31 mei
  • Van 10:00 tot 14:00 Van 16:30 tot 19:30


  • Algemeen: 2.5€
  • Kinderen: Entree gratis


WAT IS ER IN DE BUURT? (in een straal van 2 km)