Turismo Ayuntamiento de Tarazona
Old Tarazona bullring
The bullring in Tarazona is one of the oldest in Spain (opened in 1792), and is unusual because it is octagonal, with three floors of flats all around it.
The Plaza del Prado used to serve as a bullring until the current one was opened in 1870. It has been preserved in perfect condition - so much so that the old boxes built on three floors around it are still used as private homes today. The octagonal shape is made up of eight groups of three houses at the same height. The entrances to the houses are on the outside. The exterior windows are large arched galleries where the spectators used to be seated. Four doorways or tunnels lead to the inside of the old bullring - the same ones that were used by the cuadrillas and the audience, and used to join the bull pen with the slaughterhouse.
- 건축: Bullring
- 예술 시대: Mudejar