San Vicente de la Sonsierra
Santa María de la Piscina Church
Church of Santa María de la Piscina
The church was constructed in 1110 on a small hill, one km. from Peciña. It was consecrated in the year 1137 and the work was completed in the 13th century. It is a Romanesque building without any other subsequent additions except the coat of arms of the Divisa.Built on ashlar stones, it has a single nave with four sections.The nave is topped with a barrel vault reinforced with transverse arches, the presbytery has the same shape.Outside, its bell tower with a square floor plan is worthy of note.The church's décor is rich and varied. Romanesque paintings are preserved in the apse and the presbytery dating from around the 13th century, and according to testimonies narrate the heroic deed in which Don Ramiro Sánchez of Navarre, founder of the church supposedly participated.
- 예술 시대:
- 역사 시대:
- 13th century
- Former town of Santa María de la Piscina, Necropolis of Santa María de la Piscina.
Guided tours by prior appointment, on tel: +34 941334220