The Seu in Gandia.
Originally an Arab mosque, it was subsequently converted into a church, until 1499 when Pope Alejandro VI gave it the status of Collegiate Church.
It still retains its Gothic sanctuary, while the rest of the building is Baroque due to the fact that the Duchess of Gandia rebuilt the building in the sixteenth century. The edifice has only one nave and is a clear example of late Valencian Gothic architecture. It has two doors with the southern one being the oldest. The Apostles doorway used to have the sculptures of Damian Forment.
예술 시대: 바로코
역사 시대: 14세기
환경: Ducal palace, Santa Clara Royal Convent, Pias Schools, Town Hall.
Plaza Mayor s/n
46700 Gandía (Valencia-València)
Church can only be visited during hours of worship.
모든 권리 보유. Turespaña / Segittur © 2013
웹사이트 관리: Sociedad Estatal para la Gestión de la Innovación y las Tecnologías Turísticas, S.A. (SEGITTUR)