Beef from Navarre
- 自治州 :
Beef production has always been a basic activity in the mountains of Navarre. The meat is notable because it is very healthy and natural.
The cattle that produces the Beef from Navarre or 'Nafarroako Aratxea' comes from the Pyrenees, Aquitaine Blonde, Alpine Brown and Charolais breeds, and crosses among them, which have been raised in Navarre. The animals are classified by whether they are male or female calves. The former are slaughtered at between 9 and 13 months of age and the latter between 8 and 12 months of age. The meat of both is tender and juicy, with a characteristic red colour and enough marbled fat to be the main source of the juiciness. It is healthy, natural and rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, iron and phosphorus. It is cooked in a number of different ways, depending on the piece of meat used. Loin, sirloin, stifle, round, hip, ribs or shoulder from the Beef of Navarre offer many possibilities.
- Beef from Navarre is consumed year-round.
- The primary reproduction and raising area for the cattle that produce the Beef of Navarre covers the entire Navarre region, except for Bardenas. It includes the Nor-Occidental, Pirineos, Cuenca de Pamplona, Tierra Estella, Navarra Media, Ribera Alta regions and the following towns in the Ribera Baja region: Valtierra, Arguedas, Castejón, Corella, Fitero, Cintruenigo, Tudela, Murchante, Cascante, Tulebras, Montegaudo, Barillas, Ablitas, Fontellas, Cabanillas, Ribaforada, Fustiñana, Buñuel and Cortes.
- Beef from Navarre is delicious with Crianza Red Wines and Non-crianza Red Wines, especially those from the Denomination of Origin of Navarre. The choice depends on the cooking method and how the dish is prepared.
- Beef from Navarre is essentially available in nearly all speciality shops, supermarkets and butcher's shops in Navarre. However, thanks to the current distribution networks, it is possible to find this product in larger stores throughout Spain.
- Small red peppers stuffed with meat