Peaches from Calanda
- 自治州 : Aragon
The traditional technique of individually bagging the fruit on the tree as a means of protection against plagues and falls, an idea put into practice in 1950, is an essential part of obtaining the Peaches from Calanda.
Production dates from the Medieval period. The fruit has become famous for its quality, sweetness, size and its characteristic cream - straw yellow colour, with spots of red, but without green or red streaks. Since 1999 they have been protected by the 'Melocotón de Calanda' Denomination of Origin (only category 'Extra' and 'I' peaches. It is produced primarily for fresh consumption, they are also made into dried peach strips, jellies, jams, pulp juices, creams, sweets, and so on.
- 産品の種類: Fruit
- シーズン: They are available on the market from late September through late October. It is the latest of all varieties grown.
- 産地: Cultivation of this crop is located in the Lower Aragon region, between the provinces of Teruel and Zaragoza. There are 45 towns that produce peaches under the 'Melocotón de Calanda' Denomination of Origin, including Alcañiz, Caspe, Calanda, Hijar and Oliete.
- お勧めの飲み物: Both fresh and as a main ingredient in desserts, peaches from Calanda are excellent with sparkling wines, dessert wines and, if prepared 'al vino', with young red wines.
- レシピ: Peach in wine
- 種類: The so-called 'Autochthonous Variety: Late Yellow', with its clones, Jesca, Evaisa and Calante, are notable. Depending on the clone and the location of the orchard, the peaches are classified in three ripeness groups:
- Early or San Miguel: They are ripe between 20 September and 5 October.
- 'Del Pilar': They are ripe between 5 and 15 October.
- Late: They are ripe between 15 October and the end of the season.
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- 注意: Rich in Vitamin C