Santo Domingo Church
Iglesia de Santo Domingo
The church, which was built at the same time as the convent, is primarily Baroque in style, although it has undergone several modifications.
It is the only building from the old Santo Domingo convent that still retains its original configuration. It was begun in 1592 and was not completed until over a century later. There is a single nave, 31 m long, and five lateral chapels on each side. The high altar is presided by a Baroque Genovese reredos. In 1730, the church underwent important modifications following the explosion of the Santa Llúcia gunpowder store. The most important are the three Valencia-style tile covered domes that tope the chapels of Sant Antoni, la Purísima and Del Roser. Several fires have ruined most of its artistic value (mural paintings and images). It houses the Sant Pere Apòstol parish church since 1928.
- Siglo XVI, Siglo XVIII
‐ 火曜 終了日 土曜
‐ 10:00 から 13:30
‐ 16:00 から 19:00
Hours of worship: Masses: every day, at 19 pm in the fall and winter, and 20 hours in spring and summer. Also Sunday at 12.