Through the last medieval border of Al-Andalus by eBike
Ride by eBike through one of the last medieval borders between the Kingdom of Murcia and the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada.
The Kingdom of Murcia is retaken by the Castilian Kings in the 13th century. The Kingdom of Murcia becomes the border land against the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada, where both sides try to weaken the enemy. Fortress and defence towers are raised in the landscape between Lorca and Comarca de los Vélez to mark the borderline between both kingdoms. In the middle of this lies a vast no-man’s land. This route tours the most significant places that will help you understand the development of the relations that both kingdoms maintained for 200 years. From Aledo to Vélez Blanco, passing by the Fortress of the Sun in Lorca, you will go over arid valleys, climb to impregnable fortresses and discover Muslim hamlets. A trip through time to discover the last medieval border in Spain.
Prices in € per person (and children if applicable) based on 2 sharing with breakfast. Optional single supplement from: 236€/pers.
What's included: Route notes and maps, Six nights’ accommodation in 3 star hotel and rural inns with breakfast in shared double rooms, 5 dinners, Luggage transfer between your accommodations, Compulsory insurance.
The price does not include: Tickets price for visiting monuments and museums, Personal insurance, Round trip transportation to Lorca from Vélez Blanco, Bicycle rental, Unspecified meals.
Consult with us for transfer and options prices.
Bike rental prices: eBike 175€, normal bike 115€.
Special Easter offer: Ride the Through the last medieval border of Al-Andalus with an eBike. With your first eBike rental, -25% for your second eBike rental. Offer available from the 1th april to the 15th may 2014.
Detailed program at: http://www.entretierras.com/en/routes/traditions-culture/last-frontier-nasrid-kingdom-granada-7-days
- Price: €462 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 7 Day
- Date available from: 26/02/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2018
- Additional information: This experience can be enjoyed almost all year, but Spring and Autumn are the best seasons to do it. You can also improve your experience mixing your travel with traditional and special events: Easter Week in Lorca, September fair in Lorca, the Night of the Candles in Aledo in july, the Medieval Music Festival in Vélez Blanco in july. Ask us for the best period to improve your experience.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Sport and adventure. Cycle touring
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: EntreTierras
Riding to Vélez Blanco.
The charming village of Aledo.
On the road to Vélez Blanco
The Virgen del Saliente's sanctuary
Riding the Sierra de la Estancia
The Fortress of Lorca