Boat trip to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
One-hour boat trip from Bermeo, along the Basque coastline to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, with audioguide.
If you have already witnessed its incomparable beauty from dry land, just wait until you experience it from the sea. We suggest taking a boat trip in the fishing town of Bermeo and crossing the waters of this little slice of the Basque Coast. These waters, which in years gone by were navigated by privateers and pirates, were also the scene of some important naval battles in our history.
After we have departed cape Matxitxako, we are greeted with the sight of the island of Gaztelugatxe. Connected to the mainland by a bridge and more than 200 steps, it is crowned by a hermitage dedicated to San Juan, to whom the fishermen in the area are deeply devoted, and with whom various rites and legends have become associated. From our position on the boat, we'll be able to drink in the beauty of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, a privilege for the few.
- Price: €12 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Bermeo (Vizcaya - Bizkaia)
- Duration: 1 Hours
- Date available from: 01/04/2018
- Date available to: 28/10/2018
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Water sports
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: NorteSur INCOMING
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe from the sea
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe from the ship