Underwater Atlantic Museum
The Museo Atlántico is a newly-created centre part of the Art, Culture and Tourism Centres of the Cabildo of Lanzarote, a network of museums created to protect nature and experiment with the unique beauty of the island’s landscape.
This is the first underwater art museum in Europe, and it aims to create a large artificial reef formed by sculptures made with the neutral pH concrete that will in time increase its marine biomass.
The facilities include the work of artist Jason deCaires Taylor, highlighting the bond between art and nature and opening a door to the ocean for visitors to become aware of the importance of the sea and the natural resources.
Adults Diving: 12,00 €
Adults Snorkel: 8,00 €
2% of the income generated by the museum will go to sea protection and preservation projects.
The Museo Atlántico started sinking its first sculptures last January. Jason deCaires continues to work in the workshop bringing pieces to the museum until its completion next 2017. The Museo Atlántico is an ongoing project, as it is determined by the nature that surrounds it.
- Prezzo: 12€ per persona (imposte incluse)
- Attivitàa disponibile nelle seguenti lingue: Spagnolo.Inglese.Francese.Tedesco.Italiano
- Durata: 1 Ore
- Data disponibile dal: 25/05/2016
- Data disponibile fino al: 31/12/2019
- Informazioni aggiuntive: Open every day of the year 10.00 - 16.00 pm
- Categoria dell´attività: Circuiti e visite. A contatto con la natura. Nautica
- Per chi?: Adults without children
- Impresa organizzatrice: Centros Turísticos Lanzarote
Informazioni a cura del fornitoreStampa