GO DOWN LARGEST & MOST ANCIENT MINE OF MERCURY IN THE WORLD
In Almadén (Ciudad Real), you will have the opportunity to go down the largest and the most ancient mine of mercury in the world. This mine was continuously exploited from Roman times to our times. You will go all over the outdoor facilities such as the shafts, the mining interpretation centre, the mercury museum and the furnaces from XVII and XVIII centuries. You will go down 50 meters in depth accompanied by a former miner to the mine from XVII and XVIII centuries. You will go out to the surface board on a train, which was used by miners to move in the mine.
The Mining Park of Almadén is declared World Heritage by UNESCO.
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes to walk inside the mine.
- Prezzo: 13€ per persona (imposte incluse)
- Attivitàa disponibile nelle seguenti lingue: Spagnolo.Inglese.Francese
Almadén (Ciudad Real)
- Durata: 2 Ore, 30 Minuti
- Data disponibile dal: 30/05/2014
- Data disponibile fino al: 30/05/2019
- Informazioni aggiuntive: Closed on Mondays, except holidays and long weekend, 1th and 6th of January, Easter Sunday, 24th, 25th and 31th of December.
- Categoria dell´attività: Circuiti e visite. A contatto con la natura. Cultura e tradizioni
- Per chi?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Impresa organizzatrice: PARQUE MINERO DE ALMADEN
Informazioni a cura del fornitoreStampa
Water pump at Saint Andrés shaft
Mine gallery (XVIII century)
Mine train reaching the outside
Baritel of Saint Andrés
Almaden Mining Park, brief tour of its facilities a mine of sixteenth century open to the public, museums, and interpretive center of mining.