Northern Route stage 01: Hondarribia - Donostia/San Sebastián
Tämä etappi kulkee seuraavien kohteiden kautta...
Hondarribia, Lezo, Pasaia Donibane, Pasaia San Pedro, Donostia/San Sebastián
- Mihin reitti kuuluu:
- The Way of Saint James
- Reitin nimi:
- Northern Route
- 23,80 Km
- 6,00. Bicycle
- 3,00. Walking
- Pääasialliset vaikeudet
- On the way up to the Guadalupe shrine, once past the road and several tracks, there is a forest trail with a progressive slope, culminating in some steps leading to Guadalupe. From Pasajes de San Pedro to Monte Ulia there is a long uphill stretch which starts just before the church of San Pedro, and leads up to the Faro de la Plata lighthouse. The ascent begins near the cemetery, which is reached by means of some steps leading off to the right. 101% Segittur_Working pbturner 21/10/2009 10:55:28 jimdaniell 21/10/2009 14:35:10 Antes de llegar al monte Ulia, hay otro desnivel de más de 100 metros. Antes de llegar al monte Ulia, hay otro desnivel de más de 100 metros. Before arriving at Monte Ulia, there is another climb of over 100 metres.
- Kasvisto, eläimistö ja viljelykset
- The Txingudi Marsh Ecological Reserve, overlooking France, is an important stopover point on bird migration routes, and is frequented by birds from all over Europe. The rough seas produce top-quality fish. Common sights in the fish markets in the fishing ports include bass, red pandora, baby eel, crabs, scorpion fish, red mullet, sea bream, cod, squid and hake.
- The work of craftsmen is closely linked to the peoples and culture of Euskadi. It honours the ancestral customs and ways of life and opens channels to welcome in new ideas. www.ereintza.com www.gabiltza.org
- Gastronomia- ja konditoriatuotteet
- he sea has historically been more generous than the land in Euskadi, and fish is the star ingredient in traditional cooking. The local meat is lean and full of taste, with more emphasis on quantity than quality. Another typical element of the local fare is cheese and dairy products such as cuajada (a kind of curd cheese), as well as traditional cakes and pastries.