Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Basque Country
Idiazábal cheese is made with sheep's milk only in the Basque Country and in the Navarre region.
Its smell is intense and penetrating and its flavour slightly spicy, balanced and intense. It is made with sheep's milk from the Lacha (Latxa) and Carranzana breeds, preferably the former. It is cylindrical in shape, the rind is hard and an even colour, from pale yellow to whitish grey and dark brown in smoked ones. The maturing period, never less than 90 days, is decisive for is manufacturing. During this time, it is turned and cleaned as necessary. If it is smoked, this operation is carried out at least ten days before sale, using beech and hawthorn wood.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: All year round.
- Alkuperä: The production and manufacturing area covers the provinces of Álava, Guipúzcoa, Vizcaya and Navarre, except for the municipalities of the Valle del Roncal. In addition, the Idiazábal name protects those of Urbasa, Urbia, Entzia, Gorbea, Orduña, Andía, Aralar, Carranza, Bidasoa-Baztán, Orbaiceta, Ulzarra, Valcarlos and Pirineo Navarro.
- Suositeltu juoma: The choice of a dry white aged in wood is ideal, not to forget crianza reds, because their strength goes marvellously well with the cheese's aromatic intensity. As well as these, cider can be a good accompaniment.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Huomautuksia: Rich in lipids, proteins and calcium.