Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: La Rioja
Camerano Cheese, typical of La Rioja, is a fresh or slightly airy cheese made from goat's milk.
Its shape is flat and cylindrical and the rind is etched with the lines produced by the wicker basket or 'zaragato' that is used as a mould. It is small and generally weighs no more than a kilo, although there are some that weigh up to 1.5 kg. The inside is a bright white mass without holes, with a jellied texture. The flavour of this cheese is between sweet and acid. It is milky, fatty and easily melted. Since it is a fresh cheese, it is usually eaten as a dessert or with honey.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: Year-round.
- Alkuperä: The production area of Camerano cheese is located in the Cameros Mountains, in the southern part of La Rioja (Logroño). As for the goats, they are raised mainly in the Leza Valley.
- Suositeltu juoma: Woody white wines or young red wines.
- Reseptit: Bed of fresh cheese with honey and walnuts
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Huomautuksia: Rich in Calcium.