Guijuelo cured ham
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Castile-Leon
In the south-east of the province of Salamanca, at an altitude of over 1,000 metres, Guijuelo gives its name to one of the most important Spanish regions in the art of Iberian ham curing.
It comes from Iberian breed animals crossed with Duroc Jersey (no more than 25%), raised in Extremadura, Andalusia, Castile-La Mancha or Castile-Leon. Cured hams and pork shoulders may be produced in only 77 towns under the Control Board in the southeast of Salamanca. The pigs feed on grass and acorns and receive the classification of Acorn Iberian. If they also eat feed, the are classified as Iberian. This is one of the greatest gastronomical delicacies of this province in Castile-Leon.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Meat
- Kausittainen: Year-round.
- Alkuperä: The production area comprises the oak and cork tree-filled meadows in the province of Salamanca. Only 77 towns belong to the Denomination of Origin.
- Suositeltu juoma: Iberian Cured Ham is excellent with reserva or gran reserva red wines and with fino or manzanilla.
- Ostospaikat: Guijuelo Cured Ham is available essentially in any speciality shop, supermarket, hypermarket, and butcher's on the Peninsula, but it is sold especially in the Castilian provinces.