Cured Ham from Huelva
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Andalusia
The prestigious cured ham from Huelva is typical of the Sierra de Aracena region, where it was first produced by small family industries.
The Denomination of Origin covers hams and shoulders from pure Iberian pigs or crosses with Duroc Jersey pigs in which the latter make up a maximum of 25% of the blood. Production extends throughout Extremadura and part of Andalusia, but the maturing process must be in the mountainous Sierra de Huelva region. The time required for maturing varies depending upon the weight of the piece, normally between 16 and 18 months, and, according to the feed used, they are classified as 'Ibérico de bellota' (raised exclusively on acorns and grass), 'Ibérico de Recebo' (raised on acorns and authorised feed), and 'Ibérico de Pienso' (raised on feed only).
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Meat
- Kausittainen: Year-round.
- Alkuperä: Cured hams under this denomination are produced in 31 towns in the province of Huelva, located in the Sierra region, such as Cortegana, Jabugo or Aracena.
- Suositeltu juoma: Finos and Manzanilla or reserva red wines.
- Ostospaikat: Cured Iberian Ham from Huelva is available essentially in any speciality shop, supermarket, hypermarket, and butcher's on the Peninsula, but it is sold especially in Andalusia, the Basque Country, Cataluña and Madrid.