Asparagus from Aranjuez
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Madrid
Asparagus from Aranjuez is a traditional farm crop, characterised by its tenderness and persistent taste.
It is characterised by its green colour and the closed, fleshy, triangular scale covered bud at the end. The turions themselves are erect, smooth and measure between 25 and 30 cm. It is a very fresh and tender product, high in fibre, quite diuretic and easily digestible, although not very nutritious. Its culinary applications are very diverse: in soups, omelettes, as garnishing, in salads, stews, hot or warm (never too cold) and accompanied by vinaigrette, mayonnaise, hollandaise or any other sauce. They are also eaten alone as appetisers.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Vegetables
- Kausittainen: In spring, and especially in April and May.
- Alkuperä: The production area comprises the towns of Aranjuez, San Martín de la Vega, Ciempozuelos and Tiltulcia, in the south-east part of the Autonomous Region of Madrid.
- Suositeltu juoma: Young white wines.
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Huomautuksia: Rich in iron, vitamin C and fibre.