Chorizo from Pamplona
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
Chorizo from Pamplona is produced throughout Navarre, both by hand and industrially.
Chorizo from Pamplona may possibly have been the first meat product to be industrialised, since the first Spanish meat industry was in Navarre. It is shaped like a candle, stuffed in thick tripe, with a diameter of some 4 cm and a colour between red and orange, caused by the paprika. It is seasoned with salt, paprika, garlic and sugars. Ingredients include pork, beef to a lesser extent and fat. It is eaten raw. The texture is creamy and the flavour is smooth, yet intense, rich, with no acidity.
- Tuotteen tyyppi:
- It may be consumed year-round.
- The production area includes the entire province of Navarre.
- Suositeltu juoma:
- Chorizo from Pamplona is delicious with non-crianza red wines, accompanied by a bit of bread.
- Chorizo from Pamplona is available at most butcher's shops, supermarkets and department stores on the Peninsula.
- Rich in lipides and energy.