Turismo de Cantabria
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
The anchovy, Engraluis encrasicholus, is one of the most popular fishes in the gastronomy of this country, especially in the provinces on the Bay of Biscay. A large number of processing industries have developed where the anchovy was the star product. 'Boquerón anchoa' and 'bocarte' in Cantabria, are the names by which the anchovy is known.
It is a product with a long tradition in the gastronomy of Cantabria, from where it was introduced to the rest of our territory. However, anchovies were also caught in the provinces on the Mediterranean coast and on the Gulf of Cadiz. In the late 19th century, a large number of processing industries were developed in the provinces on the Bay of Biscay where the anchovy was the star product. The town of Santoña stands out for the others. The anchovy measures up to 21 cm, its body is elongated, brown or greenish on the dorsal side and white with pearly speckles on the ventral side. It has an intense flavour on the palate and a smooth texture. It is available on the market, either fresh or preserved.
- Tuotteen tyyppi:
- The best time for consumption is from the beginning or middle of June through the end of September.
- It is caught on the Bay of Biscay, in the Mediterranean Sea and on the Gulf of Cadiz (Atlantic Ocean).
- Suositeltu juoma:
- Vinos blancos y cava.
- Anchovies are available in all fish markets. Preserved anchovies are available in a supermarkets and large stores.
- Anchovies in garlic sauce
- Muut vaihtoehdot:
- It is sold fresh and in oil, packaged in tins or glass jars.
- Rich in Phosphorus.