Rice from the Ebro Delta
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Catalonia
The earliest data on rice cultivation in the Ebro Delta are from 1697, date on which there are records of a small plantation in Carrova. This was the base for spreading its cultivation throughout the entire area.
Rice is typical produce of the Ebro Delta. Cultivated on small plantations, it is one of the primary ways in which the land along the river is used. This is one of the most important rice-producing areas on the peninsula, not only because of its production, over 90,000 tonnes annually cultivated on 20,000 hectares, but also because of the quality of the rice that since 1985 has been protected by the Protected Geographical Indicator classification from the Generalitat of Catalunya. The mild climate, with minor differences between day and night, allow the rice to reach the optimum ripeness that gives it great culinary quality. The grain is short, aromatic, very absorbent and slow cooking, which allows it to absorb all types of flavours.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Pulses
- Kausittainen: Harvesting begins around 15 September and lasts until 15 October. It can be consumed year-round.
- Alkuperä: The production area is located in the Ebro Delta region, in the province of Tarragona. It includes the towns of Amposta, Sant Jaume d'Enveja and San Carles de la Rápida, L'Aldea, Camarles, Deltebre and L'Ampolla on the right bank, and L'Aldea, Camarles, Deltebre, and L'Ampolla on the left bank.
- Suositeltu juoma: It is a rice of excellent quality, ideal for making all types of dishes. Thus, its combinations depend on the type of ingredients that accompany it. However, Rosé Wine, Sparkling Wine and also Young Red Wine are generally quite adequate.
- Reseptit: Recao de binefar
- Muut vaihtoehdot: Bahía, Sénia, Sequial and Tebre varieties, all from the 'Oryza sativa.L' species.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: 0
- Huomautuksia: Rich in Carbohydrates.