Sierra Mágina olive oil
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Andalusia
Delicious olive oil from the province of Jaén, with low initial acidity and high tocopherol and polyphenol contents.
It is Extra Virgin Olive Oil, obtained exclusively from olives of the Picual variety. It is made in the olive-producing county of the Sierra Mágina Natural Park, in the south of Jaén, where a total of approximately 55,000 hectares of olives are set aside for growing it. The harvest is carried out manually by "milking", directly from the tree. Oil covered by the Designation of Origin is produced only in this way. It is a very fruity, slightly bitter oil, a little spicy and very stable. Its colour varies from deep green to golden yellow.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: All year round
- Alkuperä: The Designation of Origin covers the area set in the natural landscape of the Sierra Mágina, which includes Albánchez de Úbeda, Bedmar-Garcíez, Bélmez de la Moraleda, Cabra del Santo Cristo, Cambil, Campillo de Arenas, Cárcheles, Huelma-Solera, Jimena, Jódar, Larva, La Guardia, Mancha Real, Pegalajar and Torres.
- Muut vaihtoehdot: The only variety covered by the Designation of Origin is the Picual olive, also known as Marteña.
- Huomautuksia: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.