Sierra de Cazorla olive oil
Mille alueelle Espanjaa tämä on tyypillistä?
- Itsehallintoalue: Andalusia
The Sierra de Cazorla Designation of Origin covers extra virgin olive oils obtained mostly from the Picual variety and also Royal.
It is extra virgin olive oil, obtained from the olive or fruit of the olive tree, of the Picuda variety (94%) and, to a lesser degree, Royal (6%). It comes from the olive-producing county of Cazorla, in the Natural Park in the mountains of the same name. A total of approximately 31,500 hectares of olive trees are set aside for growing both varieties. The harvest is carried out with greatest care, manually collecting only olives hanging on the tree. The oils obtained do not exceed 1º of acidity and have specially defined sensory qualities, although these are different depending on whether they are from the Picual or Royal variety.
- Tuotteen tyyppi: Others
- Kausittainen: All year round
- Alkuperä: The Designation of Origin covers the area occupied by olive groves in the southeastern part of the province of Jaén, between the Designations of Sierra Mágina and Sierra del Segura. It includes Cazorla, Chilluevar, Hinojares, Huesa, La Iruela, Peal de Becerro, Pozo Alcón, Quesada and Santo Tomé.
- 'Picual': Greenish yellow coloured oils with a great deal of flavour, intensely fruity, flavour of fresh fruit and slightly bitter, with a gentle bite. Very stable..
- Royal: Very valuable oils, yellowish in colour, with fresh, fruity flavour and a sweet aroma.
- Huomautuksia: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.