It was a 'polis' with the power to mint money and considerable importance in the Roman world. Ptolemy and Pliny mention it in their works.
This Roman walled city dates from the 1st century AD. Archaeological remains found in the area show that there were human settlements here as far back as the Neolithic period. Its location at 1,000m above sea level would have surely made this a strategic city. Here the Roman theatre, forum and thermal baths can still be seen. The mineral deposits to be found close by, along with the fertility of the surrounding land are other notable factors that explain the area’s continued human settlement.
- Rakennus: Theatre
- Tyylisuunta: Classical-Roman
- Aikakausi: Romanisation (A.D.)
- Mistä Tiistai mihin: Lauantai Mistä 10:00 mihin: 17:00
- Juhlapyhät ja Sunnuntai Mistä 09:00 mihin: 14:30
- Tiistai Mistä 09:00 mihin: 14:30
- Kiinniolopäivät: Monday
- Ilmainen sisäänpääsy