Cala de Portinatx
Portinatx is located in the northern part of the island, in the municipality of Sant Joan de Labritja.
The shores of the municipality are dominated by cliffs, and the interior exhibits a relief formed by mountains of considerable height. Punic and Muslim ruins speak of the importance of this settlement in the ancient world. After the island was conquered, in 1235, the church of Sant Miquel was erected in what was to become the urban centre of the municipality. The church was fortified during the following centuries on account of pirate attacks.
In contrast with other towns in the island, whose traditional activities have declined to give way to the development of the tourist industry, Sant Joan de Labritja still depends on agriculture and cattle raising.
There are three good beaches in the area of Portinatx. The biggest one is on the bay; the little one, S'Arenal Petit, is more private. The third one is Porto Beach, surrounded by little mounds that are covered with pine trees.
All rights reserved. Turespaña / Segittur © 2013
Website managed by: Sociedad Estatal para la Gestión de la Innovación y las Tecnologías Turísticas, S.A. (SEGITTUR)