Which area of Spain is it typical?
- Autonomous region: Asturias
Delicious Asturian speciality made of bread stuffed with spicy sausage.
Wheat flour bun that is stuffed with Asturian spicy sausage before baking. Since they are baked together in the oven, the sausage is impregnated with the flavour of the bread and vice versa. The result is exquisite. It is usually eaten as an appetiser or snack and is available in most bakeries and pastry shops in Asturias.
- Type of product: Meat
- Season: Year-round.
- Origin: It is available year-round throughout the Autonomous Region of Asturias.
- To drink with it: It is delicious accompanied by the traditional Asturian Cider and with non-crianza Red Wines.
- Where to buy: The Bollu Preñau is available at most pastry shops and bakeries in the provinces of Asturias.
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: Average
- Comments: Rich in Lipides and Carbohydrates.