Noáin (Valle de Elorz)-Noain (Elortzibar)
Aqueduct. Noáin. Photo courtesy of the Navarre Tourist Board
It opened in 1790 and enabled water to be channelled across a distance of 16.5 km. Its most emblematic part spans a depression behind the town of Noáin; at one time it had a length of 1,245 metres and was supported on 97 stone and brick arches of which 94 are still standing today, with columns of about 18 m in height, and a channel running along the top.
- Artistic period:
- Historic period:
- 18th century