Posada del Potro flamenco centre
Plaza del Potro, 10
14002 Córdoba, Cordoba (Andalusia)
The cattle market.
Declared as an Architectural-Artistic Historical Monument. Originally its dimensions were larger.
This inn was mentioned in the novel 'Don Quixote'. It is a typical 15th century dwelling, in which people lived in rooms that surrounded a central courtyard. This type of building is similar to the design of an open-air theatre. The current inn was declared an Artistic Monument. The building still retains its stables, a high gallery with its banisters, supports, wooden roof, small rooms and courtyard that have remained intact for almost six hundred years. This is in spite the fact that it has lost two or three of its rooms that were incorporated by adjoining buildings. Nowadays it is a cultural centre and exhibition hall.
- Construction: Popular architecture
- Historic period: 15th century
- Setting: Caridad Hospital, Julio Romero de Torres Museum, San Francisco Church.
- From Tuesday to Friday From 08:30 to 20:30
- Saturday From 08:30 to 15:00
- Public holidays and Weekend From 08:30 to 14:30
- Closing days: Monday
- Adults: €2
- Students: €1
- Children: Admission free