Contact details

Plaza de la Libertad, s/n.
09004  Burgos  (Castile-Leon)




Commissioned by the High Constable during the 15th century.Its creator was Simón de Colonia. It served as meeting point between the Catholic Monarchs and Christopher Columbus on his return from his second journey to America.The Courts in 1515 were also held here, in which the union between Navarre and Castile was approved.It was an emblematic building for the Monarchs of this period.All the Hapsburgs stayed in this house at some point in time.Its name refers to the cord of a Franciscan monk that frames the main entrance.

  • Construction: Stately or noble house
  • Artistic period: Gothic
  • Historic period: 15th century

Practical information


  • Admission free


WHAT IS THERE NEARBY? (within a 2 km radius)