Sant Pere de les Puelles Church
It preserves diverse Romanesque elements
The church forms part of the premises of the monastery of Benedictine nuns, which was founded in the mid-10th century and subsisted as it was until the 19th century. The church, which dates from the pre-Romanesque period, preserves part of the 10th century Greek cross and Corinthian capitals. The small bell-tower, called Los Pájaros, is also from the Romanesque period. The Plaza de Sant Pere is presided over by a Neoclassical wrought iron fountain.
- Construction: Church
- Artistic period: Romanesque
- Historic period: 14th century, 10th century
- Setting: The Barcelona triumphal arch .
- From Monday to Friday From 08:30 to 13:00 From 17:00 to 19:30
- Saturday From 08:30 to 13:00 From 16:30 to 19:00
- Sunday From 11:00 to 14:00
- Public holidays From 09:30 to 13:00
- Admission free