A small Romanesque hermitage
The Chapel of Marcús was built in the 12th century next to the old Roman road which led out of the city (today the calle Carders). It is a small Romanesque hermitage which preserves part of its original exterior with blind arches. The interior was altered with Neoclassical reforms and diverse remodelling in the 20th century. It was erected in honour of the Mare de Déu de la Guía.
- Construction: Chapel
- Artistic period: Romanesque
- Historic period: 12th century
- Setting: The church of Santa María del Mar.
- From Monday to Friday From 10:00 to 12:00
- Saturday From 10:30 to 11:00
- Admission free