The castle replaced a 10th-century fortress which was destroyed in the 14th century by Pedro I the Cruel and rebuilt by the Infante Sancho of Castile. It has a double walled perimeter with many round turrets and reinforcing towers. Inside, the castle preserves a 12th-century underground reservoir. The castle was extended in the 15th and 16th centuries.
- Construction: Castle
- Artistic period: Renaissance
- Historic period: 16th century, 10th century
- From Oct 01 to May 31
From Tuesday to FridayFrom 15:30 to 18:00
- From 11:00 to 13:30 From 15:30 to 18:00
- From Jun 01 to Sep 30
From Tuesday to FridayFrom 17:30 to 20:00
- From 11:00 to 13:30 From 17:30 to 20:00
- General: €2
- Children: Admission free Hasta los 10 años.
- Retired persons: €1