Cathedral of Castellón de la Plana
- When?: To be confirmed 2015
- Where: Castellón de la Plana
- More information : http://www.castellonturismo.com/fiestas/la-magdalena
- Category: Festivity of International Tourist Interest
- Theme: Popular
These are the festivities of Castellón de la Plana, which commemorate its origins. They date from the 15th century, and other prominent activities are the Pregó Parade and the night procession of Retorno.
These festivities established in the 15th century became popular starting in 1945. The main activities are: the colourful Pregó parade which announces the festivities, the Canyes procession towards the Santa María Magdalena chapel, where the original settlement that would become Castellón de la Plana once stood, the Retorno night procession, with the religious statue Crucificado de la Purisima Sangre, and the Gaiatas parade, with yews and staffs with colourful lighting. Concerts, firework displays, floral offerings, gastronomic tastings and other fun events round off this week of festivities.
- Date: To be confirmed 2015
Castellón de la Plana (Castellón - Castelló. Valencia)
Schedules and prices
To be confirmed 2015
* Information may be subject to modifications