Exhibition: NSK from Kapital to Capital. Neue Slowenische Kunst
Marco Modic. Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
Scipion Nasice Sisters Theatre. Baptism Under Triglav, The Retrogarde Event, 1986
- Activity: Exhibition
- Theme: Modern art, Graphic arts, Audiovisual / multimedia, Photography, Painting
The Reina Sofía National Art Museum hosts the first retrospective in Spain of the artists’ collective NSK (Neue Slowenische Kunst): New Slovenian Art.
With the title “NSK from Kapital to Capital”, the show gathers abundante material on the group’s work in its many different forms: public events, concerts, exhibitions, theatrical productions, performance art, manifestos, interviews, and other documents and evidence.The NSK collective was a prominent part of the cultural emergence of Yugoslavia in the 1980s, during the Cold War. The Cold War itself influenced the group’s retro-futurist aesthetic, inspired by the Russian revolutionary avant-garde, Bauhaus and Fluxus.The show is part of the project “The Uses of Art”, by the confederation of European museums L’Internationale.
- Date: From Jun 28, 2017 to Jan 8, 2018
Calle Santa Isabel 52
Schedules and prices
- From Jun 28, 2017 to Jan 8, 2018
- From Monday to Saturday From 10:00 to 21:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 10:00 to 14:30
- Closing days: Tuesday
- General: €3
* Information may be subject to modifications