World Heritage Site
Spain has the second largest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world.
The list contains everything from cave art to the historic quarters of modern towns, and includes nature reserves, gardens and monuments. Each of them is completely unique and exceptional, and merits being conserved for future generations.
This month we recommend
- 8 March to 24 June Exhibition: Written on the wind. Barcelona Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA)Barcelona
- 24 January to 30 June Exhibition: The Irish and the Spanish Monarchy (1529-1800). Links in space and time General Archive of SimancasSimancas (Valladolid)
- 7 February to 30 June Exhibition: José Manuel Ballester. Forests of light La Tabacalera. Art Promotion spaceMadrid
- 8 June to 1 July Exhibition: Puppets. 30 years of Etcétera Granada Science Park MuseumGranada
- 3 May to 20 July Exhibition: Zurbarán's saints, devotion and persuasion Espacio Santa ClaraSeville
- 16 May to 28 July Exhibition: Rusiñol-Monet-Gauguin-Sunyer. Landscape in the Carmen Thyssen collection CaixaForum LleidaLleida
Did you know?
Spain currently has 44 World Heritage Sites declared by UNESCO.
All rights reserved. Turespaña / Segittur © 2013
Website managed by: Sociedad Estatal para la Gestión de la Innovación y las Tecnologías Turísticas, S.A. (SEGITTUR)