El Retiro Park. The king's gardens once upon a time...
Have you ever been in an amazing, green and majestic park? So, come with us and we will show you all the little corners of the Retiro Park.
It has about 118 hectares, bigger at first because it was the King's private gardens. Created in 1640 by Philip IV, he created this impressive green area so as to be able to entertain other royalty and nobility there.
The Retiro Park was only for the high society until 1868 when Queen Isabel II was exiled to Paris and the green park became public, allowing the general population to enjoy the beautiful spots and monuments such as the Fisherman's Little House, the Artificial Mountain, the Glass Palace, Velazquez House, the Big Lake....
Lots of little monuments inside this historical park in the city center of Madrid in this family friendly tour.
You can't miss it!
- Price: €36 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 02/01/2018
- Date available to: 30/12/2018
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. In the city
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: TOURME
Information supplied by the providerPrint