We make a tour in the cast of the penultimate eruptions on Lanzarote in the period 1730-1736, and covering a third of the island. On this route we can see the processes and forms created by these eruptions: lava fields, tunnels, craters…
We will understand this whole process that buried several villages and farming valleys. You will be delighted with shapes and colors that seem drawn from the palette of an artist.
First stop on the tour with an overview of the eruptions, for an introduction to the eruptive process of the Canary Islands in general, and Lanzarote and Timanyaya in particular. After the explanation, our walking tour starts at the first volcano of the eruption process, and the last one. Finally, we set off to the last round of the tour: "badlands", AA and Pahoehoe lava, craters and volcanoes, making a stop and picnic along the way, returning to the starting point.
- Price: €39 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Date available from: 29/12/2014
- Date available to: 31/12/2018
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Observing nature and wildlife. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Kayak & Walk In Lanzarote
Information supplied by the providerPrint
Eruptions of Timanfaya. Lava flows.
Walking between lava flows
Climbing a crater