Timetables and public holidays
- When are the national public holidays in Spain?
Certain dates are designated public holidays in Spain, and these may be national, regional or local.
The following are the national public holidays for 2016:
• 1 January: New Year's Day.
• 6 January: Epiphany.
• 24 March: Maundy Thursday (throughout Spain, except in Catalonia).
• 25 March: Good Friday.
• 2 May: May Day (in Andalusia, Aragon, Asturias, Canary Islands, Castile and León, Extremadura and Madrid)
• 15 August: the Assumption.
• 12 October: Spain's National Day.
• 1 November: All Saints' Day.
• 6 December: Spanish Constitution Day.
• 8 December: Festivity of the Immaculate Conception.
• 26 December: day after Christmas Day (except in Canary Islands, Galicia, the Basque Country and La Rioja)