Northern Route stage 14 A: Santander - Santillana del Mar
Colegiata de Santillana del Mar
This stage passes through...
Santander, Santa Cruz de Bezana, Boo de Pielagos, Arce, Oruña, Mogro, Miengo, Cudón, Requejada, Hinojedo, Ongayo, Puente Avíos, Camplengo, Santillana del Mar
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- Northern Route
- 43,00 km
- Mode of transport
- 9,00. Horseback
- 7,00. Walking
- Main difficulties
- To go round the Pas estuary requires walking 8 kilometres until Puente Arce. There is an optional train between Boo de Piélagos to Mogro.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- The local vegetation consists mainly of eucalyptus, and there are several different species of birds of prey among the fauna.
- Craft products
- Leather, suede, ceramics and wood.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- Pastries, cakes and dairy products.