Ciudad Real Provincial Museum
Calle Prado, 4
13001 Ciudad Real (Castile-La Mancha)
Archaeology and painting
This museum is located in Hernán Pérez del Pulgar House, a stately 15th-century residence.
It has an extensive, important archaeological collection which dates from the Palaeolithic to the Modern Age, and includes Iberian remains from the Alarcos hill site, Roman mosaics from Alcázar de San Juan and the door from the old Ciudad Real synagogue. The Natural Sciences section has fossil remains that are about three million years old, found in the paleontological excavation in a volcanic area such as the Las Higueruelas site.
- Designation: Provincial museum
- Content: Archaeology
- From Sep 01 to Jun 30
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 10:00 to 14:00 From 17:00 to 20:00
- Sunday From 10:00 to 14:00
- Closing days: Monday
- From Jul 01 to Aug 31
- From Tuesday to Sunday From 09:00 to 14:00
- General: €3
- Reduced: €1,50
- Children: Admission free
- Disabled persons: Admission free
- ICOM members and associations: Admission free
- Admission free
Free admission: Saturday afternoons, Sunday mornings.