Los Murciélagos (Bats') Cave in Zuheros
Sculpted by nature.
It is the only cave that can be visited out of all the karstic caves in the area.
It is a very important natural place because of its stunning stalactites and stalagmites in open rooms such as Los Estratos (Strata), La Celosía (Lattice), El Órgano (Organ), and the most important one, Las Formaciones (Formations). It is also highly valuable from an archaeological point of view because of the prehistoric findings that date back to the Neolithic period. Remains of charred cereals and schematic paintings of different animals, especially goats, were found. The body of a person was also discovered buried in a "gur" (an old pool).
- Construction: Prehistoric cave
- Artistic period: Prehistory
- From Oct 01 to Mar 31
- From Tuesday to Friday From 12:30 to 16:30
- Weekend Public holidays From 11:00 to 14:00 From 16:00 to 17:30
- Closing days: Monday
- From Apr 01 to Sep 30
- From Monday to Friday 12:30
- Weekend Public holidays 11:00
- General: €6
- Reduced: €5
- Children: Admission free