THE IDIAZABAL CHEESE ROUTE EXPERIENCE
The Idiazabal cheese Route is made up of 6 stages and the entire circuit is 95.7 kilometres long. It has an accumulated gradient of 9,777 metres, with a positive gradient of 4,920 metres and a negative gradient of 4,867 metres. It is designed for the completion of one stage per day. It crosses the regions of Goierri, Alto Urola and Alto Deba.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the production cycle of Idiazabal cheese from beginning to end, starting in the Natural Parks of Aralar and Aizkorri-Aratz where the latxa sheep graze, the cheese factories where it is made, the markets where it is sold, particularly that of Ordizia, and finally the town that gives it its name, Idiazabal.
In between, we have a broad offer of accommodation at the points where the stages end for you, made up of hotels, rural tourist accommodation and hostels, with excellent location and services.
We invite you to learn all the secrets of Goierri, explore with the extraordinary view of Txindoki, Larrunarri or the "Basque Matterhorn", and play sport as you gain a priceless, never-before-encountered culinary and cultural experience in an unparalleled landscape.
- Price: €372 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Idiazabal (Guipúzcoa - Gipuzkoa)
- Duration: 7 Day
- Date available from: 01/01/2017
- Date available to: 31/12/2018
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Culture and traditions. Gastronomy. Food markets and traditional markets. Nature. Agrotourism. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: IDIAZABAL TURISMO
Information supplied by the providerPrint
THE IDIAZABAL CHEESE ROUTE gr283
THE IDIAZABAL CHEESE ROUTE GR 283
Other activities you may find interesting
€30 per person (including taxes)
Cyan, our winery located in D.O. ... (+See more)