Baños de Montemayor
- Quality certification
- Spa Resorts in Spain certification
Montemayor spa is located in the town of the same name, in the region of Cáceres in northern Extremadura,
and is an obligatory stop on the Silver Route. The spa dates back to Roman times, and these waters have been used since they were discovered in the second century A.D.
due to their excellent mineral and medicinal properties.
The spa today has two buildings which house a range of modern facilities, of which a particular highlight is the thermal swimming pools set beside the ancient
Roman thermal baths.
- Therapeutic treatments:
- Respiratory disorders, Rheumatic complaints
- Aerosol, Bath, Inhalations, Manual massage, Parafangos, Paraffin, Pressure jet, Showers, Sprays, Swimming pool
- Characteristics of the water:
- Calcium-containing, Slightly mineralised, Sodium-rich, Sulphur-rich