French Route stage 23: León - Villadangos del Páramo
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
León, Trobajo del Camino, La Virgen del Camino, Fresno del Camino, La Aldea de la Valdoncina, Robledo de la Valdoncina, Estación de Villadangos, Oncina de la Valdoncina, Chozas de Abajo, Villar de Mazarife, Villavante, Valverde del Camino, S. Miguel del Camino, Villadangos del Páramo
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- French Route
- 22,20 km
- Mode of transport
- 4,50-5,50. Horseback
- 2,00-2,50. Walking
- Main difficulties
- On this stage there are several alternative routes. The southern route through Fresno del Camino has gentle slopes.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- It is a flat area which has been much altered by human intervention, and the construction of a series of channels has transformed the river plain into a fertile agricultural land with a wide range of irrigated crops.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- This area is especially productive in fruits, vegetables and cereals, as well as pulses, meat and fish, particularly trout.
- Rest areas
- La Virgen del Camino (in the Fuentina area): there is a wooded area with tables and a drinking fountain. Villar de Mazarife (in the park): drinking fountain, trees and bench. Villadangos del Páramo (at the artificial lake known as El Estanque).