Rosalía de Castro House-Museum
Nobility and simplicity
The house where Galician writer Rosalía de Castro lived is a museum where her personal objects and mementos are on display.
Close to the centre of Padrón, in the Casa da Matanza house, is the place where this famous poetess spent the last years of her life. It is now open as a museum. The exhibition on the ground floor has a range of the writer's personal mementos and objects. Upstairs is a recreation of a period rural home, combining features from both rural and noble dwellings –aristocratic details in simple surroundings. The old kitchen is intact, with its traditional hearth and household utensils. The idea was to maintain the upper floor as it was during Rosalía de Castro's lifetime.
- Designation: Private museum
- Artistic period: Costumbrista
- Content: House-museum
- From Jul 01 to Sep 30
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 10:00 to 14:00 From 16:00 to 20:00
- Public holidays From 10:00 to 13:30
- From Oct 01 to Jun 30
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 10:00 to 13:30 From 16:00 to 19:00
- From 10:00 to 13:30
- Closing days: Monday
- Adults: €2
- Groups: €1.50