© Junta de Extremadura
Los Columbarios Funeral Site
The mausoleum of the Voconios and Julios.
They are two open cremation tombs belonging to two important families: the Voconios and the Julios. They lie in the Roman necropolis in the south east.
There are still a few funerary urns that remain and a family portrait of the Voconios. The dedicatory lapidaries are in the entrance door. They are two small buildings because their purpose was to conserve the family remains of those who have passed away.
- Construction: Necropolis
- Artistic period: Classical-Roman
- Historic period: Romanisation (A.D.)
- Setting: Roman remains of the town.
- From Jun 01 to Sep 30
- From Monday to Sunday From 09:30 to 13:45 From 17:00 to 19:15
- From Oct 01 to May 31
- From Monday to Sunday From 09:30 to 13:45 From 16:00 to 18:15
- General: €4