Costume Museum. Ethnological Heritage Research Centre
This museum features numerous exhibits showing the evolution of clothing in Spain throughout history. An exquisite selection of clothing items from times gone by is combined with traditional dress from every region of Spain, as well as examples of contemporary fashion design. Designers like Fortuny, Balenciaga, Pertegaz, Hannibal Laguna, Ailante and Torretta, among other masters of haute couture, are represented in this unusual museum, which also displays pieces of jewellery and home furnishings, as well as accessories such as shoes and gloves.
- National museum
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 09:30 to 19:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 10:00 to 15:00
- Closing days: Monday
- From Jul 01 to Aug 31
- Thursday From 09:30 to 22:30
The permanent collection will be closed temporarily for renovation works. Closed: 1 and 6 January; 1 May; 24, 25 and 31 December.
- General: €3
- Reduced: €1,50
- Retired persons: Admission free
- Students: Admission free
- Disabled persons: Admission free
- Large families: Admission free
Audio guide, Guided tours