Tarragona city walls
Ancient Roman city wall ruins
Three towers and several sections of the wall still remain intact.
The Roman city wall is known as the archaeological walk. It was built in the latter stages of the 3rd century B.C. and the beginning of the second century B.C. Of the original wall only the upper area section is still standing. It still retains several sections of wall and three towers: Cabiscol tower, Minerva tower and Arzobispo tower. Minerva tower is the most typically Roman of all, while Arzobispo tower was modified during Medieval times.
- Construction: Walls
- Artistic period: Classical-Roman
- Historic period: Romanisation (B.C.)
- From May 04 to Sep 30
- From Tuesday to Sunday From 09:00 to 21:00
- From Oct 01 to May 03
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 09:00 to 19:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 09:00 to 15:00
- General: €3,30
- Reduced: €1,70
- Children: Admission free