Casa de L'Ardiaca building
Calle Santa Llúcia 1
08002 Barcelona (Catalonia)
A Gothic Palace from the 15th century
The House of L'Ardiaca was built in the 15th century by order of the Archdeacon Lluís Desplà, who converted his residence into a Gothic palace. In the 19th century, several owners made changes. In 1924 it became the site of the Historic Archive of the City. The current look dates from 1962, when the houses attached to the Roman wall were torn down.
- Construction: Palace
- Artistic period: Gothic
- Historic period: 15th century
- Setting: The Cathedral of Barcelona.
- From Sep 01 to Jun 30
- From Monday to Friday From 09:00 to 20:45
- Saturday From 09:00 to 13:00
- From Jul 01 to Aug 31
- From Monday to Friday From 09:00 to 19:30